Thursday, January 20, 2011

Change the Tape

I have the same dream almost every morning. I'm in a huge house. It's my house but don't recognize it. Every one I know is there. When they ask me for something, even though I'm not sure where to find it, I always know where it is.

I've been practicing yoga with a new teacher, Ken, who also gives seminars on lucid dreaming. He describes lucid dreaming as awareness within sleep that you are dreaming and trying to make decisions within the dream to manipulate it. So maybe a bad dream turns to a good dream and a good dream to an even better one.

Since learning a little about lucid dreaming, I try to dream I'm swimming in a pool of chocolate milk. As I'm falling asleep I imagine myself swan-diving into a pool of delicious full-fat chocolate milk. I imagine myself floating on my back in chocolate milk. I think of frog kick, free style and back stroke. But I don't ever dream of swimming in chocolate milk.

This morning the house turned into a beach house and sank into the ocean. It was a lucid dream. I sank the house into the ocean. It was a great. It was the dream I have been wanting to have. Maybe destroying the house this morning is enough to make the dream go away forever. If not forever maybe long enough to join Andres in the chocolate pool.

...Sweet Dreams...

1 comment:

  1. make sure its "quick", i'll bring the floaties! ;)

    ReplyDelete