Monday, January 17, 2011

It was Broke Before I even Got Here

Went to Ikea this afternoon with some great friends and bought myself a bathroom mirror and shelf to replace the horrible thing the previous owners so poorly installed when we first bought this old house 7 years ago. It was just your typical piece of shit mirror with two doors that meet in the middle, right where your face goes when you look at yourself.

This new one I bought has two faults. First, it's tall as shit. But that's what I like about it. And second, it's way too tall for the current space and requires me to move the lamps that are in right now just about a foot or so higher. Which is cool. Except I know nothing about electrical and I already took the bathroom apart.

So now I'm just taking a break from a huge-ass mess I made.

Andres ordered us two large pizzas from Papa John's. One for him, one for me. Mine was supposed to be "extra skin-ny". He must have heard "extra chees-y". I peeled off the superfluous cheese in the hopes that the 3 slices I had would only add up to about 500 calories TOPS.

So after my 60 calorie sugar-free dessert I will confess to Andres about the mess. He's been on the phone this whole time. I was without supervision. Lesson not learned. I know I'll do it again. And make him deal with the live electrical cables.

2 comments:

  1. Get a freaking professional in. You know my number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. electrical is not hard. just turn the brakers off. PS Its me Yane.

    ReplyDelete