Friday, January 14, 2011

Me vs Mimi

My cat is named after Mariah Carey. Who, if you recall, released an amazing album in the 90' or the 2000's entitiled The Emancipation of Mimi.

When I first found her, Mimi was a kitten. The cutest thing ever. Our relationship can be described as the typical cool girl in school versus the nerdy, not very cool girl in school scenario. Me being the nerd. Her being the evil, slutty, diva, bitch. We all know who that is. I hate her right now but have admit, she's pretty.

Cat's are not like dogs. They are super hard to train and are insanely stubborn. If they don't like you, they won't come to you no matter how amazing the rub-down you are offering or for unbelievable sums of cash. If you were hanging from the ledge of a precipice, they would not summon help for you a-la Bengi. They would just watch, oddly perplexed as to why you haven't filled their food bowl. At times it is as though they are actually trying to kill you.

Mimi pees on the refrigerator. Not everyday but enough for me to hate her. I have done some very thorough online research on this subject on both the Pet Smart website and the numerous cat lover website forums.

Diagnosis: Inappropriate Urination

Apparently this is a territorial problem. The culprit most likely being my neighbor's cat, Tiger. Tiger has been frequenting my backyard as of late. Sun bathing in the backyard. I myself am afraid of this cat. He is entirely too friendly with his purring and good nature. Not normal.

I often ask myself, "what would Cesar Milan do?" I think he would, number 1, never even own a cat. So I got nothing.

2 comments: